I've been trying to find the perfect granola recipe. See, I want something that's chunky and flavorful, preferably with nuts, and maybe raisins that aren't burnt and don't fall to the bottom. I want it to be crispy, but not so hard to chew that my jaw aches when I get done with my breakfast. That's my perfect granola. I'm on my second batch. The first batch was crispy, but not chunky. Nutty, but without raisins, although it's not too hard to add them in with the milk.
I made batch two today. My first batch was better. This one has a good flavor, but the oats seem hard rather than crispy. It also isn't any chunkier than the last batch. It is good in milk, but probably too hard to use as a topping on anything.
The recipe I used was from Thyme to Cook. I actaully altered the dry ingredients a bit, but I don't think it should have changed the chunky-ness. I'm still searching for the perfect recipe, but I will enjoy today's batch this next week.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment