Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Here!

Spring is here and so is the field work. Mark has been putting on fertilizer this week, but should be finished with that today. He got a GPS system for the planter and sprayer, that he is also using with the fetilizer. I think he likes how it's working out so far.

The kids and I have been spending a lot of time outside. I'm thinking of flowers. I need to get some weeding done and I would like to go collect some of the free fertilizer out of the pasture to dig in. The kids can't quite wrap their minds around that one.

I want to find my clothes pins and get some new wire for my clothes line, so that I can use that again. It's so nice to bring in laundry that smells like spring.

I haven't tried anymore granola recipes, because the hard batch I made isn't getting eaten. I may have to find a recipe to use it in so that I can try a new one.

I have some website work to do for a guy, but I'm having a hard time knowing exactly what to do with it. I'm hoping I can get it done or close to done next week.

The delicious weather is calling me outside again. I have the windows open a crack, but it's just not the same.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a cute background! I love spring ... we open our windows and smell the blossoms on our orange trees. There's nothing like it! Enjoy every minute of this beautiful season!

Rachel Anne said...

We've had our windows open every morning because it's been so cool and nice. We have to enjoy the spring while we can...the hot summer will be here before we know it.

My mom gave me a "raw" granola recipe that was really good. Way less hard to chew! I'll look around for it and see if I can find it for you.

Dustine said...

OH I love granola. I made it for the kids a lot last summer. The problem for me is I like it too much. :)

Anonymous said...

It is nice to finally get some fresh air. It's supposed to rain over the weekend, after a hot week, but I think the wind might have blown the rainclouds away. We're trying to get our gardening started...Melody says "bye-bye weeds". =p Have a good one!

One More Equals Four said...

Love the polka dots! I am so glad Spring has finally arrived here! I need to do a lettle "field work" of my own and get our vegetable garden planted but life keeps getting in the way...maybe this weekend!

secondofwett said...

Love having the windows open...we had a sunny day but right now we're having quite the rain shower...before that some great thunder and lightening!...very cool...(dating myself aren't I?)

Mommahen said...

I loved my clothesline. We moved into a new house two summers ago and have not put a new one up. I sure miss it with this nice weather. We just planted our vegetable garden last week. Praying our tomatoes bloom. Hope you get to enjoy lots of sunshine this weekend!

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

Love your "look" and I am so with you on the clothesline. Among other things I love to get my dish towels hung from the kitchen so they are dry after I wash them!
Have a GREAT week!
hugs!
Sweetie

mholgate said...

I had a clothes line at my old house. I miss being able to dry sheets and other items on it. I suppose I could get creative from tree to tree in my back yard. :)

We had three teaser days of nice weather last week. I opened up all the windows and brought out the flip flops and then it turned cold again. But I have high hopes for more nice weather soon!

Have a great week!
-Melissa