Friday, January 23, 2009

Organizing Week




This week I have been doing a major purge and reorganizing. I have had some serious organizing mojo going since my friend Kate was here on Monday to help me with the kitchen. My top cabinets were stuffed to the gills with clutter. Together we sorted through regrouped and ended up with this:

cabinet

I was too busy (and too ashamed) to take a before picture, but just imagine a hodge podge of miscellaneous stuff stuck wherever it would fit.

I'm really happy with how it all is working out. I really love the baking area we created. Before the reorganize, I had to move my measuring cups to get out my mixing bowls, things I rarely used were taking up prime shelf space, instead of being tucking into a corner somewhere, and my deep corner cabinets were dark corners of kitchen doom.

I also changed the hall closet from a junk closet (or as Matthew termed it, garbage room) to a toy area. The kids are pretty happy about it. I'm hoping it works out.

So, Kate, thank you for the inspiration. I think I'm gonna love all the results!

No comments: