We had a nice weekend. We went up to my sister's for a birthday party for my mom and niece. It was really a lot of fun for the kids. I made mom a hat which I was going to take a picture of on her, but my camera battery died before I got it done.
We stayed over Sunday night so we wouldn't have to drive up and back the same day. It's not that far, but it's a long day if you go both ways, especially after meeting. Rebekah and I went to Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's Monday morning and then we had Lunch with Janis.
The scrapbooking store I used to go to is going to have mothly ordering. I think it will be kind of nice to have that option. I really liked the store, but the owner closed to spend more time with her family which I totally understand. I think this might be a happy medium. She's also thinking of having crops in the future. They are working on their house, so when that gets done she is going to see if there is interest.
I have been browsing the King Arthur site. They have a forum with recipes that looks interesting. A friend of mine got me going on it. She gave me a pizza dough recipe that I made on Friday. I thought it was really good, but I didn't care for the sauce I used with it. I found another pizza sauce recipe on recipezaar.com that I'm going to try. I also used turkey sausage, but it's more of a breakfast sausage flavor. I think with some tweaking it could be a very good thing to add to my menu list.
Speaking of my menu list, I just stuck a sheet on the fridge of all the things that I regularly make. They are divided into categories according to what meal I usually make them for. It's been helpful in deciding what to make.
4:24 PM
add eprops
add comments
email
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment