It's been a fun, busy week. Company times three, which meant more cleaning up than usually. Ah, but it does feel nice to have everything in order. Sometimes I think you just need to be forced to deal with piles by having company. I have been doing Flylady off and on, but I'd been ignoring certain things. Still need to do a little work on our bedroom, but everything else is neat.
I'm hoping that will give me a headstart on the week. I have a couple of project I would like to get done this week. Peter needs a new pair of shoes. The pair he has are the third ones I made for him, but he wears them every day. It's so nice to keep his feet warm, but still have solid footing on our wood floor. I've been making them for baby gifts as well, and everyone really likes them. I use bias tape for the binding, so I've gone through several packages.
Speaking of Peter, he took his first steps yesterday. We looked over and he was walking between the two couches. He was pretty pleased with himself.
He loves music almost as much as Uncle Warren I think. He dances to whatever he hears. In the morning he likes to get into our bed when we have the radio on and push buttons. He keeps pushing until it gets to music, then he stops and dances. It's too funny!
Julia is reading pretty well now. She was sitting beside me when I first started writing, and was reading as I went. It's so neat to see them learn to read. She loves writing also, which is a new thing for me, because Matthew really doesn't all that much. She spells phonetically. The other day I found a paper that said: Win the bel rings.It was illustrated as well. She says she's going to be an artist when she grows up, so I'm saving the paper for when she's a famous childrens author...
Matthew is doing great in school. It's taken awhile to get into a good routine, and to realize that the quicker he gets the work done the quicker he can play. We've been doing some arts and crafts projects that he's enjoyed. Julia does them too. I think his favorite was a little paper doll with brads that was supposed to look like him. He told us yesterday that he thinks it would be neat to make cartoons (for a living). I thought it was kind of funny. Today Mark got tictacs for my purse, and Matthew convinced him to also get orange tictacs. After having one, he said, "Mom, these are fantastic. They aren't all spicy like the white ones." (I'm not one to use "fantastic" at all. Not sure where he picked that up.)
9:57 PM
add eprops
add comments
email
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment