Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Saturday, March 08, 2008


Here are some socks I made. Peter's were made leftovers from a sweater I made.




2:27 PM
2 eprops
1 comment
email

It's still staying pretty cold here. Last Saturday, we had almost 60 degree weather. The kids were running around outside, getting muddy and rejoicing that it was "almost summer". Well, not quite. This morning it was a frigid two degrees. It's supposed to warm up again next weekend. I think we are all ansty for warmth.
Matthew has been talking about planting "his" sweet corn field. He really wants to have his own right by Daddy's field. Julia wants her own little cherry tomato plant. I'm sure Peter would be into squishing whatever he could find, and eating dirt.
I'm still knitting. Some things have been more sucessful than others. I made a scarf with some vintage mohair, that was so scratchy, I'm pretty sure wearing it would be impossible. I also tied a pattern where you make huge slippers and then felt them to fit your feet. Good idea, but the execution could use some work. I'm still not sure if it was me or the pattern. They are pretty ugly, but I'm thinking some flowers or something could pretty them up. They also need an ankle strap so they don't flop annoyingly.
A friend recommended an excellent baking book which is quite fascinating. It is the King Arthur's Baking Companion. It explains so many things it's fun to read, even if you never make a thing out of it. Not that you wouldn't want to. What's not to love about a cookbook that talks about chewy chocolate chip cookies verses crispy ones. Of course, I'm only interested in the scientific part of things which is why I'm feeling very much like trying both. Not to mention the crispy verses soft sugar cookies. Maybe it's a good thing I have to take it back to the library soon.

No comments: