Sunday, November 2, 2008

Handwarmers


More Handwarmers
Originally uploaded by polkadot_mama

I said I've been knitting, so I guess I'll post another thing I've finished recently.

These are handwarmers that I knit for one of my friends. The are basically a tube with a thumb hole. They are great for things that require fingers, but are chilly. You can knit in them, for example.

This pattern is actually from a great book called Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It can also be found online at: http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/knitting/cosy_knitted_handwrist_warmers.php

My gauge was not spot on, but it was okay on this project, since it was very easy to adjust.

I took several pictures of these, but black is notoriously hard to get a good picture of. I did have a great little hand model though. Never mind that the handwarmers go up to her elbows. (my gauge wasn't off that bad!)



I didn't use fancy yarn with these, but I am very happy with how they turned out. They are pretty soft, and bounce back into shape nicely. They look classy, even if Matthew likes to pretend whoever has them on has leprosy. (I have no idea where that came from!)

1 comment:

kate said...

I am so very glad you had time sitting in my leather chair to finish these! I really like it when you come to playday.