Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Review

We had a nice time at Kyle and Lindsay's wedding. It was a pretty wedding.I didn't take pictures though, because my camera battery, as usual was dead. We were able to talk to Janis and Randy quite a bit. Peter didn't think much of sitting still, but we knew he wouldn't.( He's really busy, pretty much either running or sleeping.) I did borrow some batteries at Rebekah's to take a few shots there.

Saturday I put Peter to bed and left the other kids with the guys, while Rebekah and I went to Borders to pick up a book I wanted. We had a really great time together. On Sunday we went to Polk City and then ate with Joey and Abi and the girls at Valentino's. We all went back to Rebekah's and the mom's stayed and talked while the guys went out on the lake. That didn't end up so good though, because the boat motor broke down, and Kelsey and Rebekah's Jeep lost it's transmission. Kelsey handled it quite well and it wasn't really a surprise because they knew it was going.

We got home really late last night, but the kids slept all the way, so Mark and I got to have a really nice uninterrupted conversation.

Today has been a little bit off, just because we're tired. We've been pretty slow getting our house chores done this morning. It's hot too which kind of takes the zip out of you. I did manage to make some faux Orange Julius' this afternoon. I thought they were a success. The recipe is originally here. But I also added a frozen banana and a few strawberries.

Faux Orange Julius

1 cup milk (I used prepared powdered milk to cut down on using up our milk for smoothies. It worked perfectly)
1 cup ice water
1 (6 ounce) can of frozen orange juice concentrate
12 cubes of ice
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 cup sugar
1 frozen banana
5 large strawberries.
Pour all of the ingredients into the blender and blend for two minutes (or until smooth).

No comments: