Tuesday, July 1, 2008









Sunday, October 07, 2007
Busy Bees




I guess more time has gone by than I realized. We've been staying pretty busy with things, and by the end of the day I don't usually feel like writing here. I'm probably writing to myself by now, but since this is a journal of sorts that's okay.









Matthew and Julia doing dishes together. This makes me happy in a lot of ways.








Harvest has started, but it's been raining so it doesn't seem like it has really. The first field of corn is out, so on to the seed beans...Mark switched the combine over. So, we will start on those as soon as it dries out.





Peter is getting more mobile. He doesn't crawl but he manages to get around a little anyway, by rolling, scooting, and squirming. His pincher grasp is getting pretty good too. He tried to eat a wire worm and some fuzz the other day. The jumper still keeps him entertained which is handy at times.
School is going well, and I think we are starting to adjust to the new routine. We only do an hour or so a day which is plenty at this point. Running and playing are very high on our priority list. Julia is working through Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. It's going well and she loves it. She reminds me if I forget and is grasping the concepts very quickly. She has been begging me to teach her, so I'm going ahead even though she is so young. We are keeping the lessons short and sweet.




I have been managing to fit in a little sewing also. One of my projects was making Julia a new fall skirt. I made this peasant style. No pattern needed- just a few measurements and a little math. I used a printed baby corduroy. It's soft and warm. I have a few other projects done and some in the works, but those are for another day,another post.












No comments: