Friday, August 18, 2006
Well, we made it back home. We had a good time. Shepard of the Hills wasn't showing while we were there, so we ended up getting tickets for Celebration City instead. The kids really enjoyed it, and we had fun too. It's an amusement park, but has alot more rides for littler kids. Since we got our tickets through the hotel, they gave us two day passes, so we went back on Tuesday then stayed over with Uncle Don and Aunt Janet. We drove back on Wednesday.
I'm trying to catch up with laundry and everything now. The house needs vaccumed and dusted, since I haven't really done a through cleaning in a while. I've almost got our bedroom totally cleaned which is a pretty good acomplishment, considering the laundry in there that needed folded too. Julia is asleep right now, so I will have to finish vaccuming in there later.
I also had a check-up yesterday in Omaha. Everything looks great. The typical blood tests all came back fine from last time. I'm not too impressed with the receptionists at the front desk, they aren't all that friendly and look anoyed if you want to change anything and yesterday they had three people scheduled to see the same midwife at 11:30. So, we had to wait longer than we would have liked. We also scheduled the 20 week ultrasound with another desk, and the lady there seemed somewhat under-competent. She asked me twice what week I wanted to come in, when it's standard to do it at 20 weeks, and then acted like I was crazy when what she really wanted to know was the date of my next appointment. No big deal, but I guess I've been spoiled by Shenandoah, where they remember your first name and your due date and usually the kids names as well.
Our house smells stale, after being shut up and doesn't seem to be airing out very quickly. I think after I get everything cleaned it will help. My nose is over sensitive, so you probably won't notice even if you come to visit today, but it's bugging me.
So, that's probably enough boredom for your day...
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Well, it's been a long time since I posted and everyone is commenting on it so I figured I'd better write something before you all give up checking my blog, and I only have myself to write at... I do however have a very good excuse...
This has been a pretty rough pregnancy up to this point. I was hoping that my experience this time would be similar to the last time, with considerably less nausea, but that hasn't been the case. So, that is my excuse. I am feeling alot better now though.
We are at Uncle Don and Aunt Janet's in Missouri. We had a very nice week at camp, although I think Julia and I were pretty worn out. Mark and Matthew seemed to be okay as far as sleep and feeling rested. The ministry was good, although I ended up missing a few of the evening meetings while putting Julia to bed.
We are planning to go to Branson tomorrow night. We are staying in a hotel there. I think we are going to try to go to Shepard of the Hills. We had thought of going to Silver Dollar City, but I'm not sure if we will or not. They have some fun things, but it's pretty expensive and alot of walking.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
I ordered some books from Amazon. One is The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus and the other was the Flylady book. I was thinking of giving the flylady book to one of my friends who struggles with clutter, but I need to read it first. I'm not sure it's a great idea to give it to her, but she does admit she has a problem. I'm a little concerned about her philosophy as this friend doesn't need any help "loving herself". (Not that anyone does...) But since she doesn't have regular internet access, maybe it would help. I haven't actually read the book, so I'm not sure what it will be like. (Which is also why I bought it off amazon at a reduced price.) We shall see.
The other book is a book about the gospel. It presents things in a more complete way than alot of the books out there. I was thinking it would be a study guide type book, but it's written in more of a read through style. I haven't made it all the way through reading it yet.
I'm not doing anything too exciting. Just the daily routine.
Monday, June 12, 2006
Ah, what a busy weeek we've just had. We got alot of things accomplished, so it was good. We were able to get the roof entirely finished. It looks really nice now. We had Cory come finish it up on the west side. It was really amazing how quickly they got it all done.
I also painted the porch. It was a stained and ugly cement that always looked dirty, so I thought I would just slap a coat of paint on there to make it look better. I was at the home improvement store, and saw a brochure from Dutch Boy that had a fake brick pattern I thought was nice. So, I decided to buy the paint and go ahead. The cleaning part went well and the base coat of paint went on nicely and looked really good. So I proceeded with the "mortar". After alot of taping we were finally ready to cut out the spaces where the tape crossed. Then came the painting of the gray mortar. Unfortunately, the tape stuck to the original coat of paint, even though I had followed the instructions on the can as far as letting it dry. So we had peeled paint in every square. So with alot of help from Jeanine, we retouched every square. It does look very nice now, but if you ever want to paint a porch, may I recommend a solid color.
So, now I'm in my usual after project predicament of a messy house and a pile of unfolded laundry. Oh, well...
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
We had a nice memorial day weekend. Randy and Kim were here all weekend, and Clark and Jeanine came up Saturday and stayed until Monday morning. We had a really nice time. We did a lot of fun things for the kids, like putting water in the cattle tank and using the bubble machine. We also took flowers to put on the graves as usual. We didn't have alot of nice flowers, since the iris are pretty much done and peonies are just starting. There were some at the Grindle place, and home places though.
Matthew discovered a new friend in Wesley this weekend, and they had a great time playing. The bubble machine was a mutual favorite of theirs and I think we need to buy stock in tootsietoy.
We discovered that Mr. Clean Magic erasers work wonders on fly specks and such when we cleaned off the porch and entry way siding. It was really amazing. We were trying to scrub the specks off with a brush and sponge and not getting anywhere, so we tried them. I was glad we hadn't scrubbed the whole thing before I thought to try them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment