Wednesday, November 5, 2008

O Gnome!


O gnome!
Originally uploaded by polkadot_mama

This is another knitting project I finished recently. I had this yarn in my basket from a garage sale box I bought. When I checked the book Knit One, Embellish Too out of the library, I knew this was the project for my lonely yarn. (Meaning I only had one ball of it, because we all know that it wasn't the only ball of yarn in the house by any means!)

It is knit in the round on circulars, and I think they were size 11, but maybe 10.5. It was quick and easy, because the yarn was obviously very bulky. It's a very stretchy thing, and accomadates my head just as well as Peter's.

Peter was more interesting in acting than modeling which is why the picture where you can see what the hat is like was posed by Julia. But she was gnomey enough to suit. Now if we could just find a big red polkadot mushroom...




2 comments:

DoRae said...

Cute! I think it needs a big ball tassel on the top!

Rachel Anne said...

Very cute! That yarn reminds me of old-fashioned knitted socks and hats.