Sometimes life gets a little mundane. It's not bad really, but it doesn't give you much to say on a blog. (Although I realize I never did post details about camp, or the wedding reception in Wichita.) No one really cares to hear about dishes, laundry and housekeeping. Unless of course, it's a wonderful tip to make it all easier. Sometimes it's un-mundane, in a bad way, but I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear the details of Peter's digestive woes. I'm not even sure that mundane is really the right word, because it almost a negative word and I don't feel negative about it. It's just the daily un-notable stuff.
So here are a few of the more notable:
We started school last week. The first week went well. Matthew seems like he will fall into the routine better than last year which is very nice. Julia is enjoying her little work. She loves to do workbooks.
Randy and Kim are here for the week. Julia and Katie are loving it.
Saturday is the big family reunion, and I need to get a lot of things done before then.
I tried to make a batch of pear-orange marmalade, but I'm worried the consistency might be more like taffy. (hmm...) I really need to figure out something to do with all our pears.
I'm quite pleased with a little cherry tomato that I planted in the flower bed. It kind of took over, but it's loaded with tomatoes. Everything is so late here that we've only had two ripe ones so far. They were delicious.
Peter is starting to use sentences, which is kind of funny because it's like he decided to wait to talk until he had a complete vocabulary. Yesterday, he said "I want down, Mommy." "I want" is one of his favorite phrases.
Matthew got bunk beds, but I'm afraid it might be short lived, because Peter can climb to the top, and he tries to jump off just like he does on a regular bed.
Julia is making great strides in breaking the finger habit, thanks to "hoof hands". I'm not quite sure why it's called that, but I'm a little afraid to taste it to see. Apparently it's quite nasty. (Don't worry, this is it's approved use.) It's more like nail polish than the other stuff we tried, so it lasts a lot longer too.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment