Monday, June 30, 2008
Friday, February 24, 2006
Ahhh...It seems like the past two years have flown by. I can't believe Julia is two. She's had a good birthday so far I think. We decided to just have our own little family, since we had already seen the kids we would invite over twice this week. I did make a birthday cake, but we haven't eaten it yet, so I can't tell you how it turned out.
Some friends of ours got us free tickets to go to the circus, so we went to Omaha last night and used them. It lasted longer than we thought it would and was really pretty good. They had pretty much everything you can think of in a circus, except a strong man. They also had where you could go down and see some of the animals and have rides and stuff before or after. We got there early enough that we went down and looked around a bit. They had elephant and camel rides, but we didn't think it was worth 6 dollars to ride the elephant and Matthew, Mark and I have already riden a camel. (Not that it would have been worth the money at 5 dollars.) We liked the elephants (complete with a rolling ball) and the motorcycles inside of the big ball. It was really pretty impressive. The kids enjoyed it although they were pretty worn out by the time it was over. It started at 7 pm and lasted till 9:30 or so. I think Julia was a little less impressed than Matthew, but I think that has to do with the fact that you don't find some of these things impressive, unless you understand how hard they are to accomplish. The flying acrobats were from Venezuela. They were quite good and did some great tricks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment