Monday, June 30, 2008

Archives

Friday, February 17, 2006
Julia ended up being sick all week last week and lost about three pounds which she didn't really need to do. She's doing better and eating really well again, so she should gain it back soon. So we are all unsick, except for a lingering cough that's not too bad.
We went down to Shen yesterday. I got another three drawer cart for stamping stuff. I was getting tired of moving stuff off the desk to be able to work on anything. I got most of it organized last night, but I need to go through and throw or use some of the "stuff:" I've saved.
It's really, really cold today. I think we will just stay in with our long johns on. The thermometer says 0.7 degrees, plus it's very windy. Maybe we can get the files cleaned out. At least we could get started on it.
Matthew asked me this morning if the pictures above the mantel were of Louisiana. I asked him why and he said "I think I'm wrong." (They are pictures of boats in a harbor and the other one was a boat with waves all around it.) Then he said, "Well, I thought it was Louisiana because it's a flood. They have floods in Louisiana, but not here or in Carolina." It's amazing sometimes what they pick up. They do listen and learn and sometimes more than you think.



Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Well, it's been awhile since I wrote. Mark and I had a great anniversary. I suprised him with a night at a bed and breakfast in Atlantic, and was dressed in my wedding dress when he got there. I had alot of help from Michelle and Bob. It was really nice in spite of the lady that ran it being a little odd.
Last Sunday was the Sothman reunion in Griswold, so we took Marcella with us to meeting then on to the reunion. We also had everyone out for supper on Saturday night. It was nice. Mark had the idea to try to make a dessert like we had in a restaurant, which turned out really yummy.
Julia and Matthew have colds again. It seems we have caught everything that has been going around. Julia has also had a fever since Tuesday morning. I'm a little concerned about it, and hope she gets over that soon. She hasn't really eaten since Sunday afternoon. She also couldn't keep anything down yesterday. She had part of a muffin for breakfast, and so far she's okay with that. Matthew's is just a cold and pretty mild compared to Julia. Hopefully it won't get any worse. Julia seemed to feel a little better Monday night, but by Tuesday morning she was feeling worse. I almost wonder if she had two different things right on top of each other.
Mark took the steers to the livestock market yesterday and went today to watch them sell. I'm hoping they do well. They were feeder calves.
I made a new recipe this morning. It's a peanut butter muffin. I had two recipes I wanted to combine, but I messed up on the amount of butter/peanut butter I needed and had to make a double batch. It wasn't really a problem since I'll just freeze the extras for another day. It's always nice to have something extra in there. They turned out pretty well, so we won't mind having them twice.
Michelle called this morning and told me that Wal-mart has some scrapbooking stuff on clearance for really good prices. I would like to check it out, but since I probably won't be going tonight, I might send Mark. Michelle offered to get me some things also, so I may have to take her up on it.
I guess that's all the semi interesting stuff I have to say. Nothing exciting is going on today...

No comments: