Monday, June 30, 2008

Archives

Michelle and Bob have arrived home. We finally got to see a Faith pic. She's totally adorable. We are planning to go up there tomorrow. I can hardly wait to meet my new niece. They're glad to get back home. It's going to be so much fun having a new neice and a sister that's a mom. That's the most exciting news I have today. (and probably in the whole history of my blog for that matter.)
But there are other smaller things going on...
I got the air conditioner project done. It looks alot better. I ended up putting some shrub roses that look alot like wild ones and are about as easy to care for. They don't get too high, don't require regular pruning, and should look better than weeds.
I'm still working on the attic, and hoping that I can get it done by Memorial Day. (The cleaning up part) It's not getting cooler up there. It's also pretty dusty, which means I sneeze a lot while up there. But it's finally looking like someone has done something up there. It's a huge project.

public
4:45 PM
add eprops
add comments
email
edit
Monday, May 08, 2006
Well, let's hope it doesn't rain for awhile. Our roof is torn off. It has been leaking and the guy we were going to have come to do it is kind of busy right now, so Mark decided to do the leaky part right now. We will probably still have the steep and hig part done, but at least if we get the leaky part fixed the rest can wait a little while. Jon and Ben Schwenke are here working for us today.
I did quite a bit of work on the area beside the air conditioner last week. I took out all the weedy stuf and put down edging, landscaping fabric, and river rock. I still need to figure out what plants to put in there. I'm thinking about getting some low maintenece roses. We'll see.

public
11:32 AM
add eprops
add comments
email
edit
Sunday, April 30, 2006
It's still rainy and I'm posting again. This must be a record for this year!
Nothing too eventful today. We went to meeting as usual. This was my last day teaching the 2-4 year olds for awhile, so that's kind of nice to have a break. I'm hoping the transition goes smoothly for Julia. She's only been in there since I started. I think she'll be fine.
I have lemons sitting on the table I should do something with. I bought them to make a pie because I haven't made one for so long, but now I'm feeling like maybe just making lemonade or something. We'll see how ambitious I get. Of course it's risky to stop making Lemon Meringue Pie, if your housekeeping skills resemble those of Amelia Bedelia. ( I think I'm a little smarter than she!
I did a few scrapbook pages yesterday. Mostly just random pictures. I also made a few cards for my card box. Nothing was too earthshattering. I recently bought a book called Designing with Stamping. It's got alot of neat techniques to try. Joyce, I think you would like it. It has a neat idea for foil tape.
public
6:36 PM
add eprops
add comments
email
edit
Saturday, April 29, 2006
It's rainy here. It's supposed to rain through Monday. Kind of a nice little break.
We went to Menards last night to look at some rubber mats to put under the swingset. We decided they were too expensive for what they were and that they might not work that well for what we needed. I think we might just go with the corncob mulch from McGrews. We thought about using pea gravel, but so far what we've found in not cheap.
One of the mom's in our little group that gets together called the other day and said she had box of clothes that might work for Julia. So we also picked those up on our way. There are tons of dresses and cute things and a few things I won't use. There were a few stained things that I put to soak in oxyclean.
The other night I made fajitas for supper. Julia loved the green peppers in them. She is a devoted veggie lover. She even liked the onion. I think the only veggie she doesn't like is cooked cauliflower. I'm not complaining... Anyway, she told Matthew he should eat his fajeebies.
We also went to Micheals. They had scrapbook albums on a good sale, so I bought a cowboy one for Matthew's pictures. It's the KandCo one that has the opening in the front.
I got the flower bed in front of the house all done. I hope it does well. I planted delphiniums, hollyhocks, pinks, blanket flowers, coreopsis, and a daylily. I'm planning to do something with the weed patch around the air conditioner.

public
10:18 AM
add eprops
add comments
email
edit
Tuesday, April 18, 2006

We had a nice Easter. Randy and Kim came down on Thursday and stayed til Sunday. They left after the first meeting. We had a little egg hunt for the kids on Saturday. They had fun with it and Katie even found and picked up an egg (with help of course). Sunday afternoon and evening we spent with Glen and Joy at Andrews. It was fun and we enjoyed seeing them. The girls are growing. Glenda fixed us a really nice meal.

Mark started planting today. I'm not sure I feel ready for all the busyness to start, but it's here ready or not. He's going to farm 80 acres more this year than last, but that shouldn't be too much extra time.
Bob and Michelle are doing well. They are getting pretty bored with being there and not really having anything to do. They crossed the 1/2 way mark of their trip (assuming it ends on the earliest possible date) yesterday. They are enjoying Faith, although they all are still adjusting. They want to be back already and we want them to be back.
I had fun dolling Julia up on Sunday. She wore a little pink and white dress and a pink bonnet I crocheted a while back that was way too big then. I also had these little sandals with heels that I got on clearance to put on her. She looked pretty cute.



The attic cleaning project is plaguing my mind. I'm just not sure what to do with alot of the stuff. Ninety percent of it should really go into the dump. Alot of the stuff I want to toss is to heavy too carry down the stairs by myself. My goal is to get it completed by the time Mark is done planting. We'll see if I get it done.

No comments: